To do a dull thing with style is better than doing an edgy thing without it.

Recent Posts

05 September 2019

No country for me (The refugee)




So it began hours before dawn,
I ran with nothing in my pocket, but for a sack to serve as blanket
Knowing not where I tread, for you see the moon shed not its glory

But I was lucky I made it out, while others by no choice of theirs lay in state

So I got to the camps but for fear I had to flee.
Safety they say lies in numbers but ours was a haven for pestilence and all manner of vice waiting to implode

I made my way to the city of the Sun, alas a sigh of relief
but that was to be short lived also
For those whom not too long before were just like me were the first to turn their backs to me, and bid me begone

So I went where the Sea is blue and Oceans clean
To the land of abundance and of the free, but non would let me in you see,
For “there’s a process to these things” they said
So hastily I was sent back to whence I came for no country was ready for me, no country for me.


Share:

0 comments: